Please check that you're subscribed to this list (I suspect you were
moderated through). To answer your question(s) ...

On 5/27/07, Aaron Freeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there any way to use the SCXML library without all of the dependencies?
<snip/>

No.

I intend to use it with Resin.

I tried to get the simple StopWatch program working, and had to download and
setup 4 extra commons libraries plus xalan. These are the versions I
installed:

set cp=%cp%;./lib/commons-scxml-0.6.jar
set cp=%cp%;./lib/commons-jexl-1.1.jar
set cp=%cp%;./lib/commons-logging-1.1.jar
set cp=%cp%;./lib/xalan.jar
set cp=%cp%;./lib/commons-digester-1.8.jar
set cp=%cp%;./lib/commons-collections-3.2.jar

<snap/>

And beanutils, dependencies are listed here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/scxml/dependencies.html

There used to be a column for comments on that page briefly stating
what each dependency is for -- that seems to have disappeared. Might
be some maven plugin foo, I'll try to track it down. In the meantime,
if you don't mind, those comments are available in the project POM
(search for string "comment"):

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/project.xml

I never did get the StopWatch example to run.  It dies with this:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot parse
null URL
        at
org.apache.commons.scxml.io.SCXMLDigester.digest(SCXMLDigester.java:125)
        at
org.apache.commons.scxml.env.AbstractStateMachine.<init>(AbstractStateMachin
e.java:125)
        at
org.apache.commons.scxml.env.AbstractStateMachine.<init>(AbstractStateMachin
e.java:103)
        at com.teamnotify.workflow.scxml.StopWatch.<init>(StopWatch.java:54)
        at
com.teamnotify.workflow.scxml.StopWatchDisplay.<init>(StopWatchDisplay.java:
55)
        at
com.teamnotify.workflow.scxml.StopWatchDisplay.main(StopWatchDisplay.java:14
5)

Is this another dependency problem?

<snip/>

Is the URL pointing to the SCXML document, can you confirm its not
null? (also add beanutils to classpath)

-Rahul

Thanks,

Aaron