> Please check that you're subscribed to this list (I suspect
> you were moderated through). To answer your question(s) ...

Yes, I initially sent the email from the wrong account, that's why it showed
up twice.  Sorry about that.

> > I never did get the StopWatch example to run.  It dies with this:
> >
> > Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot
> > parse null URL
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.commons.scxml.io.SCXMLDigester.digest(SCXMLDigester
> .java:125)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.commons.scxml.env.AbstractStateMachine.<init>(AbstractState
> > Machin
> > e.java:125)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.commons.scxml.env.AbstractStateMachine.<init>(AbstractState
> > Machin
> > e.java:103)
> >         at
> com.teamnotify.workflow.scxml.StopWatch.<init>(StopWatch.java:54)
> >         at
> >
> com.teamnotify.workflow.scxml.StopWatchDisplay.<init>(StopWatc
> hDisplay.java:
> > 55)
> >         at
> >
> com.teamnotify.workflow.scxml.StopWatchDisplay.main(StopWatchDisplay.j
> > ava:14
> > 5)
> >
> > Is this another dependency problem?
> >
> <snip/>
>
> Is the URL pointing to the SCXML document, can you confirm
> its not null? (also add beanutils to classpath)
>
> -Rahul

Ok I walked through the stack trace, and as you suggested it couldn't find:

org/apache/commons/scxml/env/stopwatch.xml

So I just removed the path and saved that file to the directory where I am
running the app.  That worked but now it is dying here:

INFO: Current States: [reset]
Uncaught error fetching image:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getConnection(URLImageSource.java:97)
    at sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getDecoder(URLImageSource.java:106)
    at
sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(InputStreamImageSource.java:240
)
    at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(ImageFetcher.java:172)
    at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(ImageFetcher.java:136)

Did I overlook installing another Jar that contains the XML, images,
StopWatch and StopWatchDisplay classes?  I copied the XML and source files
from the example page, as I didn't see anywhere to download it.  But now
that I see I need two images in the same package I assume there is a
download I didn't see?

Since I have never used SCXML and am just trying to evaluate it, I have a
quick question: Will I be able to use JSTL tags like <sql:update > within
XML blocks like you can with JSP?  If not, how do you make database calls?
Am I back to hardcoding SQL inside Java classes?

Thanks,

Aaron