Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks so much for the fast and accurate response! I'm not sure if putting the log4j.properties file in my application jar is such a great idea since it could cause weird things to happen if I distributed the jar as a library for others to use. But putting it in a conf directory seems like a good solution.

   Cheers, Jason

Rodrigo Canabrava wrote:
Jason,

you can't include a single properties file in the classpath with the
-cp option. It expects directories, or jar files.
You should put the properties file in some other directory (for
example conf), and put this directory in the classpath. A better
option is to put the log4j.properties file with your classes, inside
the build/lib/stockstats-1.0.jar.

Rodrigo