From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <community@apache.org>
Cc: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 7:08 PM
Subject: RSS feed for ApacheWiki now in beta test

Give it a whirl:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewikitest.cgi?action=rss

If its good... I'll move it over in place of the existing script.
Apparently it doesn't do
everything in the RSS that would make some people happy...

If you have suggestions, patch this:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewikitest.txt
and I'll apply them (please use diff -u format).. . Earlier there was
some confusion by what
"send patches" meant... Some thought this meant "send things you'd like
me to do and I'll code
it for you"... you were mistaken... ;-)

I just learned way more about PERL than I ever cared to know..  Life
without running "cpan"
is pretty painful.  Those who don't how cpan..  I don't care for PERL
but cpan is like the greatest
thing ever invented.  Its nearly rock solid... You want to install a
module... you type "cpan package::module" and
whamo...its done.  Without CPAN you have to put this: "
use lib qw (/dir/subdir/subsubdir/lib); at the top of files... and hunt
down the dependencies and all that...

I know Cocoon is working on "blocks" (and the concept is infectious
throughout the Avalon community...which includes
Cocoon)... "cpan" is a key modal to emulate!  Its the one thing in PERL
I actually like to use...

-Andy