I live in the Pacific NW and have a row of Viburnum robustum planted along
the fence behind my house. A few years ago, several of the bushes were
damaged by cold and wind. I replaced all but one, which I thought might
recover. This one has still not recovered fully and just today I found that
several of the branches that had been damaged several years ago had rotted
off at the crown. My question is this: Should I hold out any hope for this
bush eventually recovering fully, or should I replace it with a new, healthy
bush? All the other Viburnum in this row are much taller now than the
damaged one and I suppose there is no hope of finding another bush big
enough to match the older, healthy bushes.

Carol