Dear Alex,

I for one can say that I didn't ignore your question but simply had no advise
to offer.  But surely Adam can't be speechless on this issue.

OK on the snow in Ottawa; With cousins in North Bay and Hamilton, I'm quite
used to reports of snow at this early date.

Good luck with your "unusual" recycling project.

Jerry Houser
Guilderland, New York
(Albany)
Hello gardeners,

What a deafening silence!  I posted a message 10 days ago about using
fridges/freezers as raised beds - and now 10 days have passed without a
single reply! :(    We're thinking of using them for a couple of gardens
here in Ottawa, Canada.  But we'd like to know whether people have had
good experiences (or bad ones)  -  and, even more, we need to find out
if there are any health/environmental concerns we should be aware of.
It might seem that up here in the Great White North should know
everything there is to know about deep freezes, but there it is - we
need your help with this!

All advice is appreciated up here where it's already snowing,

Alex

Alex Hay, Coordinator
Iain Jack, Municipal Policy Project Worker
Community Garden Network of Ottawa/
Reseau de Jardins Communautaire
tel: 613-244-2804
fax: 613-789-4086