Keith,

It's a good thing, as far as it goes.  When I see members of groups like
"Slow Food" showing up at zoning rallies to save farm land, shopping
exclusively at local farmers markets and making the time to make regular
contributions to their communities food security by volunteering in soup
kitchens and getting involved in community gardening as a way for low income
individuals to get food and build community, then I'll know they're serious.

The foundues made of locally made cheeses on artesan made bread is great, but
unless this is allied with a political movement for structual change in our
food distribution system and the preservation of family farms, it'll just be
a nice life-style fad.

We still have lots of hungry in this country. They need food distributed to
them as fast as possible. This Sunday I'll be serving food at my local soup
kitchen. Hope people engaged in "Slow Food" also have similar involvements.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman