Howdy-

I belong to Ocean View Farms, a 7.5 acre community garden located on property
belonging to the City of Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. While the
garden has been in place for 25 years, we have no guarantees of being there
for another 25.  The property the garden occupies is prime real estate in one
of the hottest  markets in the country, so buying it outright from the city
will be unlikely. (One of the main reasons it hasnt been built on is that it
occupies a sand dune, and is vulnerable to slippage in earthquakes.)

We are looking for examples of  gardens from other cities that have secured
land trusts, conservation easements, formal status in the city's general
plan, or other innovative ways to assure land tenure. This
information-gathering phase is our first step in an effort to secure the land
permanently.

Thanks!

Andy Fisher
Community Food Security Coalition