Public bug reported:

Binary package hint: compiz-fusion-plugins-main

After upgrade to 10.04 the 'scale plugin' window picker became horribly
slow: It has a lag of about 1-2 seconds in activation, does not cancel
the animation if I do activate it in process of scaling (which may take
up to 2-3 seconds) but instead it queues the actions and continues to
bounce repeatedly.

Also, while in 'scale' mode if I move mouse over scaled windows, the
additional lag of about 2 seconds is introduced for each window I hover
over, sometimes resulting in a lag of 5 or more seconds total before I
can use the activated window. The lag also shows in tooltips slowly
following my mouse trip: tooltips with windows names appear and
disappear each time with a lag, so total lag increases if I move the
mouse around.

The problem is, it was OK in 9.10 and worked perfectly. Also there is no
CPU activity during lags actually so the lag is definitely introduced
somewhere in the program.

I use proprietary ATI driver for ATI/AMD HD4350 graphics board, I am AMD 4050e
32-bit
the problem might be in compiz-fusion-plugins-main 0.8.4-0ubuntu3

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
Package: compiz 1:0.8.4-0ubuntu15
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-22.33-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2
Uname: Linux 2.6.32-22-generic i686
NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
Architecture: i386
CompizPlugins:
[core,move,resize,place,decoration,animation,ccp,dbus,mousepoll,gnomecompat,png,svg,imgjpeg,text,commands,neg,video,wall,snap,scale,scaleaddon,expo,staticswitcher,regex,resizeinfo,workarounds,ezoom,vpswitch,extrawm,fade,session]