On Mon, 2015-03-09 at 13:55 +0200, Mihai Neagu wrote:
> I confirm the patched version connects automatically to all ethernet
> and gadget interfaces that have cable at boot stage, or if cable is
> plugged in later, at any time.

Thanks!

> Those who need other service types (like wireless) get connected
> automatically w/o limiting to one connection at a time, can easily
> include the desired service types along ethernet and gadget's "case"
> in this "__connman_service_create_from_network" function.

I don't think this will work that well for any other network types than
ethernet. Ethernet is special in two ways: a carrier signal is reported
when a cable is physically inserted and there is only one logical
network connection per device. With WiFi a device causes multiple
networks to appear distinguished by SSIDs. Adding wifi to the manually
connected case ends up with every network being tried in the order of
detection, which is not what one usually wants here.

Cheers,

        Patrik