From: Erich Titl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 6:01 AM
To: R'twick Niceorgaw
Subject: Re: [courier-users] Newbie question - Can not receive mail from
out side

Hi

R'twick Niceorgaw wrote the following at 07:08 01.06.2002:
>HI all,
>I just installed Courier mail ( all smtp+pop+imap) server. POP3 and
>IMAP
>are working fine so far. I can send mail through the smtp server from
>another computer on the network but when I send mail to a user on this
>server, it gets rejected with a msg like the one given below.
>
>How can I fix it ?
>
>bounced mail :
>---------------------------------------
>
>Hi. This is the qmail-send program at hosting-network.com.
>
>I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
>addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't
work out.

><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>Connected to 24.60.183.239 but sender was rejected.
>
>Remote host said: 535 Authentication required.

It is pretty obvious, the remote MTA
(h0050dac37259.ne.client2.attbi.com)
requires authentication for (probably) relaying. This is not really
courier
related, most reasonably configured MTA's require some sort of
authentication, many are using POP before SMTP, but IMHO basically it is

better to user correct SMTP authentication. Contact the remote MTA's
administrator.

regards

Erich Titl

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16