On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 09:29:18AM +0000, Jeff Jansen wrote:
> Did you change the uid of the courier user before you ran the upgrade by any
> chance?  Or did you add a user "courier" before making these rpms?   I once

Didn't change anything.. I had courier user and old working rpm's,
then I made the new rpm's which don't work. Then downgraded to the old
ones and they work..

> /usr/lib/courier/libexec/courier/modules/esmtp/courieresmtpd file (which is
> what the /usr/lib/courier/sbin/courieresmtpd actually points to).  It should
> be owned by 'courier' (or 'daemon' if you didn't create a courier user).  If

It was owned by courier

But when i have this downgraded rpm's installled it is owned by daemon,
so i think i found the problem..

Then grep "daemon" from /etc/courier tells mailuser/mailgroup "daemon"..
Ok, let's try to change those and do chown -R courier.courier /etc/courier
then upgrade..

Ok, it connects but gives an error.. maybe something wrong with the spool.
Yep, there's /var/spool/courier/msgs/<number> directory which is owned
by daemon and some files inside of it.. chown to those files and restart
courier..

And now everything seems to work a-ok.

So only thing which makes my wonder how did the old rpm's use the "daemon"
instead of "courier" because the user did exists when making the older
rpms's.. But problem solved.. thanks..

--
 Jani Ollikainen   http://iki.fi/bestis/