>On Saturday 11 October 2003 08:31, Mark Mays wrote:
> > I am trying to get smtp authorization working, and can't seem to figure
>> out what the problem is.
> > For starters, if you made rpms did you install the courier-smtpauth rpm?
> > > I don't know if it is something so simple as not knowing how the userid
> > and password should be entered.
> > I have tried a number of combinations, including
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > user
> > It depends. Where is "domain.com" listed? If it is listed in "locals" then
> you just log in as "user". But if it's listed in hosteddomains then you
> login as "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". That's the difference between the two. Domains
> listed in locals have the domain removed and then courier looks for a user
> just called "user". For domains listed in hosteddomains courier looks for a
> user called "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".
> > Jeff Jansen

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am not using a locals file at all. All mail users are virtual, through userdb.

I installed from the tar file, but wondered if smtp-auth is a separate patch,
or if I missed something in the configuration of the install. Is there a way to
tell if the smtp-auth module is missing, either in the binaries or in an install
log?

Is there a way to turn on debugging for courieresmtp, and get more info in
the log?

Thanks again.

Mark M.