[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Julian Mehnle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> That's exactly what I meant.  *Mounting* the license plate on the roof is
>> bad, but *looking* for the license plate on the roof isn't -- if it's not
>> significantly more effort.
>
> If it looks like a license plate it must be a license plate, huh?  What
> happens if it looks like a license plate on the side, but it's different
> from what looks like a license plate on the other side?  How far should
> you go to appease people who gratuitously fail to follow the mandated
> standard?

But this license-plate analogy only applies to the faulty MX record.
According to the original poster, that site had _two_ MX records:

  MX   8  n.n.n.n.             (faulty)
  MX  10  mail.foobar.com.     (correct)

Why couldn't Courier try the correct MX record after the faulty one
fails?  I don't know of any RFC's that would be violated in that case,
and in fact, I thought that this is what an MTA is _supposed_ to do.

--
 Lloyd Zusman           01234567 <-- The world famous Indent-o-Meter
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]         ^