On Jun 4, 2005, at 21:22, Scott wrote:

This Friday at about 3pm PST I had 5 different courier servers ranging in verions from 0.47 to 0.50 simultaneously start taking about 30+ seconds to initiate an SMTP session remotely (from inside or outside the network). Connecting from the localhost is no trouble at all. They're all serviced by different ISPs via T1 or DSL and none of them show excessive load or connections, or any dropped packets.

I'm running the most recent version of spamassassin via maildrop and clamd via amavis on all of them. Disabling both of these services doesn't change the delay behavior.

The only problem this is causing is clients relaying email are getting time-out errors. Am I alone here or is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any idea what could be wrong and how I can fix it (other than increasing the timeout delay on the client side)?

maybe a DNS server they all query thats acting up ?

/thomas