Rodrigo Severo wrote at 4:19 pm (-0300) on 20 6 2005:

>Wouldn't it be a good approach to try other MXs after any kind of error:
>failed connection, 4xx error, 5xx error etc?

Maybe on a 4xx it would make sense.  I can't see how it would with a 5xx,
though.  If you have 2 MXs and they don't agree on who is a valid user
(for example), you have bigger problems.

>I'm recently having problems sending messages to several of my clients
>because they have MXs with one problem or the other: two top priority
>MXs and one of them is too busy, two top priority MXs and one of them is
>turned off (my client says it will only be turned on in case of
>emergency!!!) etc.

If it's "turned off", then Courier would try and fail and move on to the
next one, as it currently does, so what's the difference?

-ben

--
Ben Kennedy, chief magician
zygoat creative technical services