On 22/07/10 14:16, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> the user is warned daily when his quota is over configured size.

What? When? How?

I have:
DEFAULTDELIVERY="|| /usr/lib/courier/bin/dotforward
| /usr/lib/courier/bin/maildrop -w 90"

And I really havent seen daily warnings for users.

> that either means that someone's modifying the maildir/maildirsize without
> synchronizing them, or that the user does NOT have "plenty of" room in the
> maildir.
>
> running maildirmake -q causes the size to be recalculated afaik.

And that someone's could be? As i only have courier handling the maildir
or maildir is handled tought imap/pop but those are courier.

# cat Maildir/maildirsize
73400320S
     65735365          100
        -2792           -1
        -2565           -1

# mailq
12.32M           00B14009.4C46BCF2.000008F0          Jul 21 12:26

# maildirmake -q
Usage: maildirmake [ options ] maildir
# maildirmake -q Maildir
Usage: maildirmake [ options ] maildir
# which maildirmake
/usr/lib/courier/bin/maildirmake

> we have counted the percent for "-w" option to maildrop so when it's
> reached and the users get warning the time when remaining space falls below
> maximum message size. It means that customers get warning at the time when
> big mails may not be delivered due to quota.

 From my experience that warning is send if that percentage is hit
and the mail is delivered. But not when the percentage is hit and
mail is left to mailq as it won't fit in.

> you can always count the required percent from the quota anx X :)

Yes, but as the maildirsize tells the maildir's situation, not counting
the big message in the queue. So I would need to know is there something
in the queue for the user.

--
Yhteistyöterveisin,
Jani Ollikainen @ Pronetko Networks Oy