On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 12:29:20 AM UTC-4, Benyamin Limanto wrote:

> Hello I tried to run the test operation on VS 2017 and got error
> Testing Integer operations...
>
> Assertion failed: d:\users\ben\my
> desktop\crypto\cryptopp\integer.cpp(4408): CryptoPP::a_times_b_mod_c
>
> Any idea why?
>
> [image: Annotation 2020-07-01 112720.jpg]
> It's on CRYPTOPP_ASSERT(m.NotZero()); line. and I'm new to crypto++. I
> also tried sing msys2 and it fail also when run this code on the sample
> Reffer to https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/SHA.

You are running cryptest.exe in a debug build. That's the reason assertions
are present in general.

The reason for this particular assertion is
https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/blob/master/validat2.cpp#L1150, and
the mod 0 tests. The library will throw an Integer::DivideByZero exception,
and that's what is being tested.

The assertion that proceeds the throw is intended to help you debug your
program. It will be present in our test program and your real programs
because of the debug build.

The assertion will not fire in the sample program you provided.

Jeff