On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 9:08 PM Addy <acla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I do this:
>
> std::uint64_t x = 100;
> std::cout << std::hex << x;
>
> The output is: 64
>
> If I instead do this:
>
> CryptoPP::Integer x1 = 100;
> std::cout << std::hex << x1;
>
> The output is: 64h
>
> From where is this "h" coming and how do I get rid of it?

Yeah, I've never really liked that behavior either. Unfortunately, the
behavior is ingrained in the library. We could not change the default
even if we wanted to. It would break too many programs.

To turn off the suffixes, see
https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/Integer_Patch#std::showbase_and_Suffixes.

Jeff