On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 6:10 AM Joshua Weadick <wead...@usc.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get started with the crypto++ library and am having trouble
> with Visual Studio 2019 with Crypto++ 8.4. When I open the cryptest.sln file
> it builds fine, but when I run it, it fails and throws an exception in the
> file Integer.cpp. in the class a_times_b_mod_c().
>
> I've tried downloading version 8.3 and running that as well and I'm still
> getting the same issue and would greatly appreciate any feedback on why this
> may be happening.

The assert is
https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/blob/master/integer.cpp#L4397.
The particular test that is failing is this one:
https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/blob/master/validat2.cpp#L686.

The assert is expected when running the test suite in a debug build.

The assert is present to alert a developer when divide by 0 has
happened. DebugBreak() is called so a developer can inspect the call
stack to see what has gone sideways.

Also see https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/Assertions.

Jeff