</A> -Cui Bono?-

In a message dated 02/11/2000 9:44:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 Jeffrey Toobin, a staff writer at The New Yorker and the legal
 analyst at ABC News, has a new book out called A Vast Conspiracy
 which reinforces the mainstream media's spin on impeachment: It
 was all a right-wing witch-hunt led by the Grand Inquisitor,
 e-e-e-vil Ken Starr. >>

I don't care about left-wing or right-wing conspiracies as long as they limit
themselves to the "character issues."  After all, Clinton may have cheated a
bit, but look how long it took the Republicans to finally find a guy who
hadn't cheated on his wife.  I thought we never would get a "speaker" in the
House.  At any rate, that stuff is all right.  But I got seriously concerned
at good old boy Dick Armey and his partner in crime, Virginia Thomas (working
wife of the Supreme Court Justice Thomas) and their "DEFUND THE LEFT"
campaign, wherein they sent letters all over the United States telling
corporations and foundations not to contribute to liberal causes.  Many of
those liberal causes concern the ENVIRONMENT, which should be a concern of
every citizen, but apparently Republicans are expecting to get their reward
right here rather than in Heaven, so they have no difficulty ravaging the
earth for every penny they can get.  There is a vast left-wing conspiracy.
Unfortunately it has very little to do with the Clintons and a lot to do with
giving the conservative corporations, their conservative, over-paid chief
executive officers and their Republican friends in Congress THEIR OWN WAY.
Prudy