In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:07:27 +0100, Rhialto
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

rhialto> > on my system already (OCaml?  Haskell?  What the heck?  Is
rhialto> > there some weird kool-aid they force-feed you when you
rhialto> > start developing a VCS?).
rhialto> >
rhialto> > But I'm looking at log, and I don't understand why anything
rhialto> > would be disconnected.  There aren't any breaks in the
rhialto> > ancestry chain.  log
rhialto>
rhialto> So I tried looking at "mtn log", and indeed, the revisions
rhialto> are actually connected. It must be a problem with -viz then.

It's not a problem, it's the way mtn-viz is designed.  It only
displays revisions from the selected branches, plus entering and
exiting revisions of propagates.  Matthew's "private" revisions do not
have branch certs (except in his database), and therefore belong to no
branch, and are therefore unselectable (and undisplayable) by mtn-viz.

mtn log does it differently, it starts from a specified or impled
revision and simply follows the edges.  It doesn't care if it ends up
displaying other branches or revisions that have no branch certs.

The only "problem" with mtn-viz would be that there's no way to select
branch-less revisions for display.  That might be an enhancement worth
suggesting...

rhialto> Did you look at http://www.falu.nl/~rhialto/monotone.png ? It
rhialto> should show it clearly, I think. Annoying that monotone-viz
rhialto> doesn't show everything - an incorrect visualisation spoils
rhialto> everything...

... not if you understand the workings...

BTW, if you're interested, mtn log takes a --diffs option...

Cheers,
Richard

-----

Richard Levitte                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis