________________________________
De : Arthur Barrett <arthur.barr...@march-hare.com>
À : Durand Marc <didoom...@yahoo.fr>; cvsnt@cvsnt.org
Envoyé le : Ven 2 avril 2010, 3 h 38 min 38 s
Objet : RE: [cvsnt] Where download the last stable release?

> Is it "CVSNS Low Performance Community Server 2.5.05 for
> Windows" the last FREE release?

March Hare Software and the Free Software Foundation (GNU) use the word
FREE to refer to issues of Freedom not price.  Please see:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html

Also see the FAQs:

* Are March Hare Software going to begin charging for CVSNT?
    http://march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq1.asp#9c
* How much of the code is Free/Open Source
    http://march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq1.asp#9r1
* Are the commercial releases of CVS Suite the same as the free CVSNT?
    http://march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq1.asp#9r

> Why it is called "Low Performance"??

Too distincuish it from the high performance edition in Suite 2009.
Some marketing material on the differences and why they are important
will be available in a few weeks.

The short explanation is that CVS Suite 2009 edition of CVSNT Server
uses a new architecture that is faster but also uses a manager process
that is not open source.  This provides:
* reduced lag on client performance while servers start
* allows the server processes to share information to improve
performance

It is not possible to use CVSNT 2.8 without the manager process.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett