Doing this would make the schema's not really match the API's.   The APIs
specifically use QNames which is why the schema says xsd:qname.   To
support this, we'd have to change the schema to be a xsd:string (or
string with a restriction with a pattern) which then no longer matches
the API's.   Not a huge deal, but right now they are in sync.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer