Kevin,

Arun had tried to test temp/asoc branch, but the codec was not getting detected
(similar to the old clock name problem, or could be new I2C related).

netconsole: network logging started
i2c /dev entries driver
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.20.
No device for DAI davinci-i2s
ALSA device list:
  No soundcards found.

We will debug this further and let you know.

Thanks
Sneha