I have built PERL 5.6.1,  DBI 1.19,  DBD 1.07 successfully.
The problem I am experiencing is related to slowness of fetching.
Under DBD module, when I run 'make test' against an 8.1.6 Oracle database,
it is very slow during the t/long.pl test (in fact, it does not complete),
but when I run the same test connecting to <8.1.6 Oracle database, it
performs great.  All databases are on different machines.
I have tested against different 8.1.6 databases on different machines as
well.
I am using Oracle client 8.1.7 for all builds.
I am running under HP-UX 11.00 compiled with gcc.
Here are the two 'make test' logs against the two different remote Oracle
databases:
 <<maketest815.log>>  <<maketest816.log>>

Thanks,
Tom.

maketest815.log

maketest816.log