Aaron Stone wrote:
> First let's look at some debug logs and see what's going on. Maybe the
> program is caught in a tight loop somewhere? If there's a particular
> IMAP command string that immediately triggers the problem, that'd be
> sort of the ideal situation, but not necessarily likely.
>
> Since we use Glib, these instructions for profiling GNOME applications
> apply to us as well:
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/guides/optimisation/Massif.html
>
> Please ask any and all questions along the way, we're more than happy to
> bring you up to speed on how to debug!
>
> Aaron

Hi Aaron

I played around with the latest rc2 build and my problem is still there
(bug 584). I spent more time on it and did a fully logged run of
valgrind as described in the url you gave me. Problem is I do not know
what to do about the output I get. You can find a tar of all the
information I could scramble at:
http://rabbit.us/pool/misc/dbmail_bug584.tar.bz2

The file includes:
dbmail_test - the script that made this happen
dbmail.conf - my config file
netstat.log - a netstat snapshot showing active connections/pids
mem.log     - a `ps aux` showing the fat process
dbmail.err  - a level 5 trace of the entire process
the valgrind/massif output for all dbmail processes

I understand that this is way too much information, but hopefully you
can just glance at it and tell me right away what I should do next.
Thanks for the help!

Peter