John Fawcett wrote:

Peter Rabbitson wrote:

Ah, I just wrote about this in another message. So to confirm - when
displaying in a MUA a message retrieved from dbmail, I see no return
path header (unless I add it at my MTA).

Peter
that's exactly what I get.

However, if I do a select on dbmail_headervalues table, I find the
Return-PAth value stored there.

I'm not sure where MUAs are expecting to get this,
from the message header or from the imap server directly, but I
think it should go into the message header too.

So what is the verdict on this? Should I be adding a RP just before handing email to dbmail, or should dbmail append it both in the headers and physmessage, or does it matter at all?