I went to hear one of my favorites last night (Eliza Gilkyson) here in
Austin, and she had some pretty interesting tales of being into the Dead and
living in Marin County back in '68-'69.  She said she lived in an area
called "The Slide" (because the rather rudimentary cabins were in perennial
danger of sliding into the ocean) and recalled getting an invitation to a
"private party" (which was not so private) at the Fillmore West called the
"Celestial Synapse."  (Perhaps 2/19/69?)

She recalled (in hilarious fashion) her impressions while under the
influence of the prevailing chemicals of the day.  She remembers that some
of the Dead got "nekkid" at one point and that Jerry and Mountain Girl took
on the roles of Adam and Eve.

Does this ring a bell with anyone out there?  Sounds like a fun time was had
by all.

Jim C