I sent this message to the lsit the other day, btu when I got my digest this morning it wasn't in there, so I am not sure if it ever went thru. Here it is again:

Dave Sorochty wrote:

On the mono 8/22/68 they don't actually sing the song AWBYGN, they just play the theme near the end of Caution, before the Feedback. I always used to called this the GDTRFB theme.

On the stereo version they do sing AWBYGN. The stereo version is often preceeded by out of order selections from 8/24/68.

There are definitely two different shows labeled as 8/22/68 and neither is duplication of anything else - so there is still some mystery to this date.

The current online entry for 8/22/68 has a bunch of errors in it and I am almost done with the update that will correctly identify the two versions and have all right timings. I have let this go for too long and need to get it done ASAP.

In the meanwhile the easiest thing is to just cut and paste here the cd track timings so you can tell them apart. This is where the markers are on my cds:

8/22/68 (mono) Disc 1 of 2
Fillmore West
San Francisco, CA
Set 1: 1. Saint Stephen > [#4:23]
2. The Eleven > [13:54]
3. Death Don't Have No Mercy [8:20]

8/22/68 (mono) Disc 2 of 2
Fillmore West
San Francisco, CA
Set 2:
1. Bill Graham intro [12:17]
Dark Star
2. //Cryptical Envelopment > [1:49]
Drums >
3. The Ot//her One > [4:00]
4. Cryptical Envelopment > [6:21]
5. New Potato Caboose [13:16]
6. //Alligator > [3:32]
7. Drums > [0:36]
8. Drums (w/ Jerry doing Caution solo) > [2:20]
9. Caution Jam > [5:13]
10. Jam > [1:01]
11 AWBYGN theme > [1:09]
12. Jam > [3:12]
Feedback

8/22/68 (stereo)
Fillmore West
San Francisco, CA

end of show:
1. Alligator > [3:35]
2. Drums > [5:47]
3. Jam > [3:06]
4. Caution Jam > [4:31]
5. Caution Jam > [2:03]
Drums >
6. Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks) > [5:58]
7. descending into Feedback > [1:19]
8. Feedback/Space > [2:29]
9. And We Bid You Good Night [1:19]

total time [30:11]