Jim, maybe you should put a bit in the 2.13.70a entry
about the ongoing 2.12.70 controversy. It seems that
some people (like Serafin) are siding with Bear's
statements that the Fillmore early shows never
happened. Hence the ongoing circulation of the
"2.12.70" date. No one ever seems to notice, however,
that Bear states the band played no other NYC shows
during that run.

Bear's statement is here:
http://www.thebear.org/albums.html#anchor753229

Dig the 'ol Bear ego in full effect: "From the
feedback I have had, and the tapes I have listened to,
I estimate 30% or more of both audience and 'board'
tapes/CD's are either mislabelled or faked."

Apologies if this has been discussed recently, but
I've been away from the Deadlists list for a while.
Best,

tim

--- Marcus Thunich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm curious about this too. Jay Serafin seeded this
> show and goes on in
> detail provided by his "Marin County Source" about
> this show here:
>
> http://db.etree.org/shninfo_detail.php?shnid=5932
>

> Anyone ever talked to Jay about this?
>
> Marcus