I didn't find it sarcastic at all.  Look at all the discussion the took place about 9/30/72 and WMAL FM before someone (me) used a search engine to find definitive information.  I use a search engine all the time to find out information, locate recordings on on-line lists, etc.  It's perfectly acceptable advice.  That said, I still have not decided whether or not this is my opinion.

At 05:53 PM 3/18/2003 -0500, Eric C. Rayvid wrote:
I thought it was kinda funny in a sarcastic way.  Just my opinion though.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Glenn Gillis
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 5:40 PM
To: Jay; Matthew Steinmetz; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: concert with Gregg Allman

I think these kind of comments smack of elitism.  If someone has a legitimate question in reference to the Grateful Dead, why should they go somewhere else?  This is the best source for information available right now, bar none.  The people here are very well versed in the shows that circulate and those that don't, sources, guests, venues, quality of the recordings, etc.

So this begs the question, why do people either give a sarcastic answer like the one below (to be quite honest the individual who made the smart ass remark strikes me as being a bit of an ass) are contrary to what the Dead and its fans stood for.  "Are you kind?"  Seems not.

Glenn

My CDR Trading List

http://www.geocities.com/deadhead20.geo/CDR.html

My CD Cover Art Site: