Hello folks,

I talked at length last night with Jan Jansen, the fellow who runs the official website
for Van Dyke Parks:
http://www.songcycler.de (The Music Of Van Dyke Parks)
This guy happens to live in the same town as I do – Berlin, Germany. We came up with a
few
unanswered questions:

I noticed that the biography at that website mentions his keyboard playing appears on a
Grateful Dead album. (His list of studio credits was verified with Parks himself. He
remembers playing with the Dead at some sessions). A cross-check with www.deaddisc.com
didn’t give any answer as to which album he might have played on. Has anyone ever
heard of
that ? Maybe his keyboard parts just ended up not being used for the album.

And number two:

Jan mentioned a Beach Boys documentary commercially sold on VHS, including movie
footage
of the Beach Boys/Grateful Dead collaboration of 4/28/71 – only half a minute or so,
but
still: moving image of both bands on the same stage. He is certain in that but didn't
have
the video at hand. Can anyone confirm or deny?

A great weekend to everybody.

Hanno