Robert, Dave, et al.

First, if a slight has been made to dead4404 it is entirely my fault, not
anybody at deadlists.  They only provide space for my GD concert poster
archive site.

Second, I've removed all that information regarding fake (or not) posters
from the 2/4/68 page.  I never intended my site to be anything other than
pictures of concert posters.  I really shouldn't be getting into what's
authentic or not, what's a first print, what's a second print, (unless it is
absolutely clear that a particular poster is a particular printing, e.g. Wes
Wilson's 1986 reprints in different colors), etc.  The last thing I need is
somebody spending or somebody losing lots of money because they used my site
as a credible reference.  Must add disclaimers! :)

Third, I would love any good images of those handbills you may have Robert.
You can send them directly to me if you like.

Fourth, I'm a little confused by part of Robert's message.  You wrote

>  > But you REALLY need to undo the damage that
>  > you've done to dead44004 on ebay.

I assumed you referred to my site indicating that what I said was a fake
poster was actually not a fake poster.  But then you wrote

>  > By the way, if you look at your "Fake Poster" notice
>  > for 2/4/68, please note that all three posters
>  > depicted have EXACTLY the same printed background.  My
>  > clear digital photos will show you the details.

My point of that Fake Poster notice was precisely to show that all three
posters depicted have exactly the same printed background.  It looked to me
as if somebody made a high quality reprint of the image in AOR and then
digitally changed it to look like a handbill from a different date.

But are you saying that the actual first print handbills really do have the
same printed background?  Because to me the marks look like folds and stains
unique to one individual poster, not an entire print run.

But I would love to know what the actual case is so any information from you
would be most helpful.

Thanks a lot!

Iver