The 3rd guitarist was definitely David Crosby, I was at the show and
remember him way over on the stage right (left side from the audience
viewpoint), staying mostly behind a stack of amps, smiling, with a long
curly lead wire connecting his guitar to the amp.

I saw about 7 shows at the Fillmore West with the Dead in 1970... starting
with one of the April shows with Miles Davis.

I went because I had heard an audience tape on a long haired fellow
student's little mono deck playing St. Stephen as I walked by the back lawn
at Lowell High School - it hooked me right in... I went up and asked who it
was, etc. - and at the show (after, I believe, the more crowded Miles Davis
gig) on maybe a Thursday night in June, he was there with his little deck,
taping again... are his aud. tapes among the ones in circulation?
I guess I could search for his name in my yearbook if that would help...

I have other memories as wel, if anyone's interested... I'd like to find
certain moments from the stage banter for instance... (I do remember the
night that Bob Weir talked to the guy who requested GOLDEN ROAD...

but which show has the crowd going "Sit Down"... and "Stand Up!"  then Weir
or someone yelling "Stand on your head!"