Hello,

I was just watching the "Hippie Temptation" program described in deadlists as:

>Band Grateful Dead
>Venue Golden Gate Park
>Location San Francisco, CA
>Date 8/??/67 - Tuesday
>One Dancin' In The Streets
>Comments "Hippie temptation", CBS documentary with Harry Reasoner.
>David Sorochty and Teddy GoodBear: this half hour long documentary about the
>hippie phenomena, drugs, rock music, etc.
>was supposedly filmed in August of 1967 and it features interviews with Jerry,
>Bobby, Phil, Danny Rifkin and Rock Skully
>(of "Frontage Road Management") as well as footage of the Dead playing Dancin'
>in the Streets in the park.

Why is this marked as "Tuesday" ?

In the documentary, the very end portion is about a street scene that develops
on Haight Street outside of a flat which is playing music through open windows,
and the narrator says "Nearly every Sunday there is such an event" - which, of
course, in typical media fashion does not mean this event is on Sunday. :-)

But I think that a probable date can be assigned due to the following reasoning.

Let's assume the stated August 1967.   If we look at the various dates in that
month, we see that the GD are in Canada and the East Coast for the first half of
the month, and then in Lake Tahoe the next week.    Then on 8/28/67, they played
in Golden Gate Park.   What is the likelihood that they played twice in Golden
Gate Park in August 1967 ?   My guess is - very unlikely.   I would think it is
highly likely that the documentary crew filmed "Dancing in the Streets" on
8/28/67 and then fitted it into the documentary.   (Perhaps "Tuesday" is the
date of the inteviews - which might sensibly have been done on the next day,
8/29/67 ?)

--
Cheers,

Ken