my apologies for the extensive talking transcriptions - the band does
talk, a lot, and i just got carried away.  a very special "thanks" to
david lemieux.

I-)  ihor

----------

Grateful Dead
Fillmore West
06-04-70
June 4, 1970 - Thursday
Acoustic Set

SBD > Dead.net Taper's Section streaming audio (50:50)

1.  (x) Deep Elem Blues (2:43)
2.  JG: "Would you please turn those microphones on
    over there?  This gentleman on the, uhh, left..." >
    Bob Weir talking >
    PL: "This one, this one here."
    unk.:  "Number 14." >
    more mic talk >
    JG: "All-reet" (0:19) >
3.  Candyman (6:14)
4.  JG: "Okay, now's the time..." >
    PL:  "Okay, I think you turn my microphone down and
    Bobby's microphone up a little." >
    talk >
    JG:  "...and the guitars in the monitors, please ...
    we're virtually lost without them." >
    talk and tuning >
    BW:  "I get confused in my patriotic fervor." >
    tuning (1:13) >
5.  BW: "How about "Silver Threads and Golden Needles"? >
    Silver Threads And Golden Needles (3:59)
6.  JG:  "Could you please, oh please, turn up the guitars
    in the monitors?  We cannot hear them at all."
    PL:  "We cannot hear them at all.  We can only hear
    them acoustically." >
    more talk and tuning >
    MH(?):  "Hey, Bear.  Could guitars come out of this
    mon...  guitars out of this monitor?  Guitar?" >
    more talk and tuning >
    BW:  "I can hear mine." >
    JG: "Louder, louder." >
    tuning (1;16) >
7.  Friend Of The Devil (3:57)
8.  JG:  "I could dig to hear the voices louder in the
    monitiors.  Could you turn down the voices in the
    monitors?" >
    BW: "Yeah, he did.  Turn up the voices in the monitor.
    Turn 'em back up.  Complain, complain, hassle, hassle,
    haggle, haggle, I won't stand for it." >
    tuning (0:29) >
9.  Black Peter (7:59)
10.  JG:  "uhh, so we get out the David's?"  >
     BW: (unintelligible) >
     JG:  "Okay, okay, yeah, we're gonna get some assistance." >
     JG:  "We're gonna call for some assistance." >
     BW:  "I wanna cigarette." >
     JG:  "From our able friends in the wings." >
     BW:  "They're waiting to jump right in." >
     JG:  "Dave Nelson and Marmaduke, please." >
     talk and tuning >
     JG:  "Hey, where's the microphone man?  Microphone
     man..." >
     BW:  "This is just like having a canned ah, a canned
     audience right here, you know.  You say anything and
     they'll laugh.  Go ahead, laugh.  See what I mean?" >
     JG:  "Are you gonna let him do that to ya?  How 'bout it?" >
     unk.: "Revolt, go ahead." >
     BW: "They don't wanna revolt." >
     Marmaduke (?):  "Me, I just wanna drive my bak'ry truck." >
     CBlues tuning >
     BW:  "Are we ready?" >
     JG:  "Can you people hear that thing?" >
     more CBlues tuning and talk (4:06) >
11.  JG:  "Okay, here it goes." >
     Cumberland Blues (with electric guitar) (5:29)
12.  unk.: "Jerry?  You got five minutes." >
     JG: "Five minutes." >
     talk >
     mic feedback with groans from audience >
     feedback >
     JG:  "Quit that noise, that noise is horrible, we don't
     like it." >
     unk.: "Kill, kill!" >
     tuning >
     BW:  "Hey, you know, you guys don't have to stand for
     that kind of stuff.  You can start chanting:  'We want
     the soundman, we want the soundman.'." >
     tuning >
     BW: "Close enough for Thursday night." >
     tuning (1:32) >
13.  WULSusie tuning >
     BW: "Wanna do that?" >
     unk.: "Sure..." >
     tuning >
     Wake Up Little Susie (with electric guitar) (2:41)
14.  tuning >
     BW: "We're gonna get religious on you." >
     tuning >
     JG: "Endless rearranging is what this is all about." >
     BW: "Nothing's ever right." >
     talk and tuning (0:58) >
15.  unk.: "Which one you wanna do?" >
     JG: "Uhh, 'Swing Low'?" >
     BW: "Yeah, let's do that one." >
     tuning >
     Swing Low, Sweet Chariot (tape ends during 2nd verse,
     tape resumes near end of last chorus) >
     JG:  "Thank you.  David Nelson and Marmaduke.
     Thank you." (2:15) >
16.  BW:  "It's the..." >
     Uncle John's Band >
     JG:  "Thank you." >
     BW: "We'll bring on the New Riders." > applause(x) (5:45)