Subject: Registration is now open for DebConf13
From: "Didier 'OdyX' Raboud" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 18:31:21 +0200

Registration is now open for DebConf13, which will take place in Le Camp near 
Vaumarcus, Switzerland, from Sunday 11 August to Saturday 17 August 2013. The 
registration deadline for those who wish to make sponsorship applications is 
Wednesday 15 May 2013.

It is still possible that we will extend the current DebConf week with 
additional DebCamp days. If you would like this, please contact us and help 
find additional sponsorship.

To register, follow one of the processes outlined below:

- If you have registered for a previous DebConf via Pentabarf, go to
  https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc13/person to login.
  DebConf has used Pentabarf since DebConf7 in 2007.

- If you have not registered for DebConf before, you will first need
  to create an account in the conference management system.  Use 
  https://penta.debconf.org/penta/user to create your account. After
  visiting the activation URL sent to you by email, go to
  https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc13/person and log in.

After you have logged in
------------------------

After you have successfully logged in, please fill in at least the
'General', 'Contact' and 'Travel' tabs reachable through the
'Registration details' button on the bar on the left of the
page. Please pay special attention to the 'DebConf' and 'DebCamp'
boxes on the 'General' tab. You need to select at least the "I want to
attend this conference" tickbox or your registration won't be valid.

Note to users who have a pre-existing account: we did our best to make
sure you do not have to enter all your personal data again, only the
conference-specific changes. However, please check carefully for
missing or outdated information.

See below for notes on applying for sponsored accommodation and food,
and for travel grants.  If you want to make it more likely that we
have enough sponsorship to pay for these this year, please consider
joining the DebConf fundraising team.

Registration
------------

As in the past the conference is free and we try our best to offer food and 
accommodation sponsorship to Debian contributors who register before Wednesday 
15 May.
This year the costs for the registration, food and accommodation have been 
split. This is particularly important for attendee who pay the attendances.
DebConf officially starts Sunday 11 August and it finishes Saturday 17 August 
2013, but the venue is opens from the afternoon of Saturday 10 August to 
Sunday 18 August (also for sponsored accommodation).

Please take a look to the registration instructions for the food plan and room 
categories: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Registration

Registration fee
----------------

As in previous years, registration to DebConf is free of charge, but we 
provide two additional registration options: "Professional" and "Corporate".
The "Corporate" category, with a CHF 500 (around 415 EUR or 540 USD) 
registration fee is intended for those attending DebConf as representatives of 
companies.
The "Professional" category, with a CHF 200 (around 165 EUR or 215 USD) 
registration fee, is intended for any individual or company who wants to help 
the conference by contributing to cover some of the costs of their attendance.

Note that in contrast to previous years the registration fees do not include 
food or accommodation: you should pay them separately according the preferred 
room category.

We encourage all attendees to help making DebConf a success by selecting the 
"Professional" or "Corporate" category.

Food
----

Lunch and dinner will be provided by the Le Camp venue, for 25 CHF/day (about 
21 EUR/day, 27 USD/day) (free for sponsored people). Please note that there 
are no restaurants or bars near the venue.
The deadline for applying for sponsored accommodation and/or food is the 
Wednesday 15 May 2013.

Accommodation
-------------

The following options apply (per person, always including breakfast):
* I will arrange my own accommodation off-site (no fee)
* I request sponsored accommodation (not available to attendees paying the
  professional or corporate fee)
* self-paid communal accommodation
  (20 CHF/day, ~16.50 EUR/day, ~21.50 USD/day)
* self-paid camping (camper van or tent, limited availability)
  (20 CHF/day, ~16.50 EUR/day, ~21.50 USD/day)
* self-paid accommodation in room with up to 8 beds
  (30 CHF/day, ~25 EUR/day, ~32.50 USD/day)
* self-paid accommodation in room with 2 beds
  (40 CHF/day/person, , ~33 EUR/day, ~43 USD/day, only available to attendees
   paying the professional or corporate fee)

More information about the accommodation options is available at 
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Accommodation (with some pictures).
Communal accommodation (with more than 8 beds) requires bringing one's own 
sleeping bag.
Please familiarize yourself first with the available options before filling in 
the registration questions.

Possibly we will provide later (by reconfirmation/on site) some room upgrades 
(possibly with a fee), according the room availability.

As in previous years, we will do our best to offer sponsored accommodation and 
food to Debian contributors. The deadline for applying for sponsored 
accommodation and/or food is the Wednesday 15 May 2013, describing shortly 
your contributions. After this date, you can still register, but you will need 
to pay for accommodation and food.

Due to space limitation, we give accommodation preferences to developer and 
contributors.

Travel grants
-------------

We hope to obtain enough sponsorship to help some people attend who
could not otherwise afford to travel to DebConf.  We intend
to allocate travel grants by the end of May. If you would like to
apply for travel sponsorship, please fill in as much information as
you can on the registration pages. Even if you have not arranged your
travel when you apply for sponsorship, we need to know which days you
intend to spend at the conference.

In order that we may use scarce sponsorship funds where they are most
needed, please pay as much of your own travel costs as you can afford.

The deadline for sponsorship applications is Wednesday 15 May 2013.

See also http://debconf13.debconf.org/ and 
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13 for more information

We thanks to our sponsors,http://debconf13.debconf.org/sponsors.xhtml

Looking forward to welcoming you in Le Camp in August,

- the DebConf13 team