Christopher C. Chimelis writes:

 > On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Matthias Klose wrote:
 >
 > > I don't like the current situation. we have a gcc version in woody
 > > that should be removed and version in sid, which doesn't
 > > propagate.
 >
 > What's the hold-up on the sid->woody move for gcc-3.0 (I haven't seen
 > update-excuses yet)?  I can't think of any reason to keep the version in
 > woody around at all...

A report to remove the ABI incompatible version was filed 60 days ago.
#98614. We didn't like RedHat to distribute an unreleased,
incompatible version, but now we do the same with a now incompatible
pre-3.0 version.

The version in sid has "serious" bugs:

#106252     - ia64 patch for the packaging, already in CVS.
#103980     - [PR c++/3702] gcc-3.0 copies constructors, a build error
              in the sfs package.
#105246:    - [PR c++/3774 arm] can't compile a trivial program including
              <string>

Only the last one should be serious. But I doubt it can offset the
severeness of #98614.