Sheplyakov Alexei wrote:
On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 12:14:19PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

The only problem in bug #226716 is that the glibc should refuse to execute such programs instead of silently failing.
But in the case of the current bug, this is actually the case, it says
"cannot handle TLS  data".

The problem is that changes in glibc break a lot of applications which
used to work just fine. The worst thing is that backwards incompatible
changes were not announced.

There has been no change in the glibc on this side. The change is in *libstdc++6*.

So this is not a bug in the glibc.
So breaking a lot of applications is OK?

I never said that, it's just that I don't know how to fix unexistant bugs. But it seems you know, so please provide patches.

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno             | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux developer | Electrical Engineer