On 14/08/10 12:45, Matthias Klose wrote:
severity 589389 important
tag 589389 + moreinfo help
thanks

lowering severity, workaround is available.
the preprocessed source is missing, and the information is missing, if
the issue is fixed in gcc-4.5 and in gcc-snapshot (4.6).

As I said the issue was not present with gcc-4.3 or gcc-snapshot. Only gcc-4.4 was affected.

Now, with gcc-4.4, it was fine with -O0 and -O1, only -O2 (or greater levels of optimization) were affected. I tracked it down to be -fexpensive-optimizations, building with -fno-expensive-optimizations fixed the problem.

I don't have the time to work on this any further, but from my POV, we can leave this opened, since hopefully gcc-4.5 will become the default compiler in Wheezy and this will be moot.

Cheers,
Emilio