On Wed, 13 Jun 2012, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> If some of them are no longer "internal machinery" and no longer present in
> random libraries, then we ought to de-blacklist them.

Or rather, you should force their inclusion in libgcc's symbols file.
We created the "ignore-blacklist" option for this purpose:

(extract of man dpkg-gensymbols)

   ignore-blacklist
          dpkg-gensymbols has an internal blacklist of symbols that should  not
 appear
          in  symbols  files  as  they  are usually only side-effects of
implementation
          details of the toolchain. If for some reason, you really want  one
of  those
          symbols  to  be  included in the symbols file, you should tag the
symbol with
          ignore-blacklist. It can be necessary for some low level toolchain
libraries
          like libgcc.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/