Hello Cato:

First , i must say "Thank you for ur help" :-)

You got me a very useful advices and you are right ! when i use command line
search without (-D "uid=tester,dc=ezplay,dc=tv")

its have NOT search any entry in my ldap.....result as follow:

====================
ldapsearch -W -x -h localhost -b "dc=ezplay,dc=tv"
'(&(objectclass=*)(uid=axa.cheng))'         Enter LDAP Password:
version: 2
#
# filter: (&(objectclass=*)(uid=axa.cheng))
# requesting: ALL
#
# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success
# numResponses: 1
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
no more "numEntries" entry above..........y____y

Anyway, could u explain ur advice that

"Try doing the command line search without the -D parameter. If you get no
match, you may look at the access rights to your directory."

Sorry, i dont know which  "access rights to your directory"  that i need to
check ?

Apache RootDocument directory permission???  or  .htaccess or slapd.conf  or
whatever???

BTW ,  i have tried use .htpasswd + .htaccess to restrict web WITHOUT
ldap+.htaccess!

IT IS WORKING! i CAN use legal account to pass through .htaccess authenication

● Non-ldap .htaccess as follow:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "NON LDAP testing"
AuthUserFile /var/www/admin/.htpasswd

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
require valid-user
</Limit>

Do You want more configuration or information in my OpenLDAP server ???

Feel free to let me knows, i would provide it to u.... :-)

--
Trust & Unique ...
axacheng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>