On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 04:59:58PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
>         (a) a nice logo standing for "based on Debian", that derivatives
>             can use

So a little over a month later [0], here's all the ideas we have so far:

   1)  "Foo Linux" is Debian -- distilled. We've taken the best bits of
       Debian, removed some of the rough edges and bottled the result. We
       hope you'll like it.

         1.a) http://www.debian.org/logos/officiallogo-100.jpg
              (use the "Official" logo with "Distilled" added)
         1.b) http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/tmp/distilled4.png
              (created by Dana Sibera, aka Danamania, SVG available)

   2) Debian rolls out the red carpet for "Foo Linux"

         2.a) http://henning.makholm.net/debian/debianbased.png
         2.b) http://dlgeek.net/debianderived.png

   3) "Foo Linux" is "Powered by Debian"

         3.a) http://people.debian.org/~jblache/debian-powered-1.png
         3.b) http://people.debian.org/~jblache/debian-powered-2.png
         3.c) http://people.debian.org/~jblache/debian-powered-2_open.png

   4) "Foo Linux" is derived from Debian

         4.a) http://people.debian.org/~jblache/debian-derived-1.png

Last call for other ideas on either a nice "meme" for derivatives or
a Debian derivative brand logo before we have a vote/poll/executive
decision...

Cheers,
aj

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/07/msg00241.html