Op zaterdag 1 maart 2014 11:40:11 schreef Jonathan Dowland:
> On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 10:49:37AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Op dinsdag 25 februari 2014 19:02:49 schreef Lars Wirzenius:
> > > I would prefer a culture where IRC discussions are ephemeral, and
any
> > > useful information should end up in debian/changelog, mailing lists,
> > > git commit messages, wiki.debian.org, or any of the other places
where
> > > we already put information.
> >
> > Which, I think, is the status quo (except in cases where meetbot is
used,
> > but then logs *are* available and good use of meetbot makes them
> > readable)
>
> I believe there are Debian sub-communities (and communities of other
> F/OSS projects) where IRC has become de-facto essential to participate
> which excludes people who lack the free time to use it effectively.

Well, then I think that is a mistake, and one that should be rectified.

Having said that, however, that's not entirely relevant for the code of
conduct.

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/