On Fri, 05 Sep 2014, Don Armstrong wrote:
> Mailing list bans are not done in public to avoid harming the
> reputation of the individuals banned. If the individual in question
> wants the ban to be disclosed publicly, they can email listmaster@,
> and we will do so.

Zenaan Harkness requested that the details of his ban be made public.
Because of the following messages, I have blocked the posting ability of
Zenaan Harkness <z...@freedbms.net> to debian-project.

http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/caosgnssq50orj-m8zp27by8jsey9pb-b3rsqetebwngfels...@mail.gmail.com
http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/CAOsGNSQQM7+CqNo4GbYK373ZyBNpGGJVzfKKqaR=7j_igdm...@mail.gmail.com

Because of

http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/CAOsGNSQvW45v90Lz17wXt2Mtzj=4J9z1ox+2f6LArju=okk...@mail.gmail.com
http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/caosgnsqw4mmno08fsaexhseaudz+tiu9kyzz65fuwqnitja...@mail.gmail.com

I have extended this to all Debian mailing lists.

1. The first set of messages quoted contain a transparent analogy to
male anatomy whose entire point is to offend, and contains no actual
discussion related to the Code of Conduct or the discussion at issue.

2. The second set of messages indicates that the individual in question
is primarily interested in trolling Debian and associated mailing lists.

With regards to the ban procedure, complaints were made to listmaster@;
I determined that the were serious enough to warrant a ban without prior
warning. Other listmasters were queried, and there were no objections.

The ban may be lifted by listmaster@ at some point in the future, or may
be overridden by Debian Developers via GR.

A Democracy lead by politicians and political parties, fails.