Hi Jochen,

also nichts genaues weiß man nicht, aber in den sehr
empfehlenswerten Debian weekly news heißt es:

Anthony Towns [8]posted an update on the status of test cycle 3,
which begins Real Soon Now. "The purpose of the third test cycle is
simply to ensure that we're ready to release: we believe the
previous two cycles have shaken out most of the bugs in the install
procedure, so we don't expect major problems." Randolph Chung said
in an [9]install report of the latest boot-floppies build that
boot-floppies "2.2.16 for i386 is definitely ready for upload, and
probably ready for potato release." Things have been slightly
delayed though, with so many Debian people at the Zeroth Debian
Conference.

Klingt so, als könnte 2.2 bald stable werden, finde ich.

Ciao
  Michael