On 02/24/08 09:04, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
> On 24 Feb at 14:43 Ron Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> On 02/24/08 07:03, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
>>> On 23 Feb at 18:10 Ron Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> [snip]

>>> Hey Ron, I hope I' not teaching granny to suck eggs, but the standard
>>> sig-sep is dash-dash-space-newline, so unless you're so proud of your
>>> sig that you want it quoted back to you...
>> I've got a window print showing that the signature is placed correctly.
>> Will privately send it to you, if you want.
>>
> No, Ron, I'm not the net-police; I don't need evidence; just thought I was
> being helpful :)

I know.  If I seemed harsh, it was definitely unintentional.

>> Maybe Gemini just isn't up to snuff in handling signed documents.
> [snip]
>
> Maybe, but it's not had trouble before. I'd raise it with the developer, but
> I wouldn't know precisely what the complaint would be.
>
> More likely it's the list server doing something odd.
> This is the raw source of what I'm receiving:
>
> ->----
> Maybe Gemini just isn't up to snuff in handling signed documents.
>
> - --
> Ron Johnson, Jr.
> Jefferson LA  USA
> ->----
>
> I don't think the extra dash is a result of signing. But it doesn't bother
> me to snip a bit when replying to your posts :)

I think it is a side-effect of signing, because when I look at Reply
emails that I have *not* signed, they do *not* have the added "^- ".

So, I'd take one of these emails and show it to the Gemini
developers.  Who knows, maybe they'll blame it on Tbird not
following the relevant RFCs...

- --