Hi,

what is the best method to create a boot CD (i386) using Debian? Is it
advisable to use the generic kernel from the network installation CD or would
you recommend to compile a custom kernel? Or is it perhaps better to base it on
something like Knoppix (which in turn is based on Debian).

In addition I'd like to know how the following works. I am asking this because
our company would like to offer a wizard that allows the end-user to create a
bootable CD. Now, what are the implications from the GPL? The program that is
supposed to be included is proprietary. This is similar to the (Linux-based)
rescue CDs included in products such as TrueImage, Paragon Drive Backup ...
I've never seen those companies offering the source code or scripts used to
build it. But that's not the point because we would be happy to offer those.
However, is it really necessary to provide the source form of all packages
used, or is it enough to provide the tools to do it via a Debian system?

Thanks for any comments,

// Oliver