On 17/12/11 22:05, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Debian GNU/Linux SID and my X Window uses Window Maker as a
> window manager.
>
> I'm using OpenOffice.org Calc very often and I want to setup mouse
> scroll in X so when I scroll with mice then in OOo Calc raws goes
> up/down only one raw and not three raws.
>
> My short search in Google gives to me no answers for this issue except
> one must setup mouse scroll somewhere in X configurations.

That's incorrect.

> For wheel button there is the option
> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>
> in xorg.conf but this setup only the wheel button and not it's speed or
> what that is needed for for setup scrolling in Calc or in other
> applications. (Ah, my English! I hope that this explanation was clear..)

I understand what you want, however that setting is not part of xorg
(it's at a higher level).

> Any advices will be appreciated!

It used to be that that scrolling was set from the system wide settings
(default in KDE and Gnome is 3 lines) - this no longer seems to be the
case.  I've just checked on Squeeze, "mouse wheel scrolls by 1 line" has
no effect :-(

You "could" try compiling from source after modifying the necessary
event value. From dim memories that'd be EventMouseWheelMoved and
EventParamMouseWheelDelta(?). Best check my memory first ;-p

I suspect the simplest approach is just to remap the "down" action by
either macro of xbindkeys to the centre mouse button. By default that's
usual mapped to paste so you'd need to disable/remap that[*1].

Being able to single line scroll seems like a reasonable and useful
ability - perhaps file on the wish list[*2]. Though I'm certain it was
possible to change in earlier versions using the system wide scroll
settings - so maybe it is a bug[*3].

Cheers

[*1] It's a system wide setting - not OpenOffice.org
[*2] https://issues.apache.org/ooo/request.cgi
[*3] https://issues.apache.org/ooo/enter_bug.cgi